lion walk colchester
Opened in 1976 | 205,000 sq ft
Lion Walk is Colchester’s prime retail pitch and main fashion destination.
The 205,000 sq ft centre serves a strong, growing catchment population of more than 126,000 people and more than 4.5m tourists a year. It comprises more than 40 shops, including Marks & Spencer, BHS, Boots, WH Smith, New Look, Topshop/Topman and River Island.
The council has committed to providing more than 17,000 new homes by 2021.
Sovereign Centros’ programme of asset management and development initiatives improved income and enhanced value.
The adjacent Red Lion Yard has been transformed by Sovereign Centros into a new boutique retail and restaurant/café area, linking Colchester High Street with Lion Walk
- Opened in 1976
- Prime town centre location
- 205,000 sq ft, more than 40 shops
- Key tenants include M&S, BHS, Boots, WH Smith, New Look, Topshop/Topman & River Island
- New 60,000 sq ft Primark Store arriving Autumn 2016
- 126,000+ catchment population
- 4.5m tourist visits pa
- Sold to CBRE Global Investors in February 2016