Colchester, Lion Walk
- Opened in 1976 and has a prime town centre location with 205,000 sq ft and more than 40 shops
- Key tenants include M&S, BHS, Boots, WH Smith, New Look, Topshop/Topman & River Island
- New 60,000 sq ft Primark Store created in Autumn 2016 out of former BHS store
- 126,000+ catchment population and 4.5m tourist visits pa
- Sold to CBRE Global Investors in February 2016
Business Plan & Achievements
Lion Walk is Colchester’s prime retail pitch and main fashion destination.
The council has committed to providing more than 17,000 new homes by 2021.
Sovereign Centros’ programme of asset management and development initiatives improved income and enhanced value.
The adjacent Red Lion Yard was transformed by Sovereign Centros into a new boutique retail and restaurant/café area, linking Colchester High Street with Lion Walk